CAFA’s diverse membership enhances its members’ appreciation for the complexity of issues facing family-owned farm business.
CAFA believes that the team based approach is the most effective way to fully address the issues involved in family farm businesses - the interface and family dynamics.
Making use of the knowledge and expertise offered by professionals in a multidisciplinary setting brings a broader perspective and inspires new strategies to address our common goal: helping family farm businesses solve their unique challenges.
"I like how CAFA brings all the advisors together with Agriculture in common."
Doug Treble, Treble Law Office, Crystal City, Manitoba
How we fulfill our mission:
CAFA provides our members with:
- educational programs, materials, seminars, lectures and conferences
- professional standards and eventual certification. Our members make a stronger commitment to the farm sector than their peers
- networking opportunities through our local monthly chapters and national events
- potential clientele and referral sources
- familiarity with the range of issues and professional services available to address client concerns
- representation in matters of common interest
- programs designed to stimulate research in the family business
CAFA is an umbrella group of professional educators and other experts who advise the farm sector. Our membership includes among others, accountants, financial planners, insurance brokers, agrologists, lawyers, home economists and farmers.