CAFA has three membership categories:
Note: Fiscal year: July 1 - June 30
- Regular Member - Professional, business, corporate. $350.00 + applicable tax
GST 5% = $367.50 annually or
HST: Ontario 13% = $395.50 annually or
HST: BC 12% = $392.00 annually
- Associate member - Farmer, government, non-profit. $100 + applicable tax
GST 5% = $105.00 annually or
HST: Ontario 13% = $113.00 annually or
HST: BC 12% = $112.00 annually
- Student - $90 + applicable taxes
GST 5% = $94.50 annually or
HST: Ontario 13% = $101.70 annually or
HST: BC 12% = $100.80 annually
Contact CAFA: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-474-2871
- Membership Requirements
There are two classes of membership, regular and associate. Regular members vote and can use the designation. Associate members cannot.
Both regular and associate members must be individuals, at least 18 years of age.
Unless otherwise determined by the National Membership Chair, applicants for regular membership:
- must have been advising farmers or involved in the agricultural field for at least two years;
- must be accepted by the local and national membership chairs;
- cannot have a criminal record;
- cannot have been sanctioned by a licensing or professional body having jurisdiction over that member; and,
- cannot have been declared bankrupt.
Regular Members must also qualify under one of the following two categories:
- They are licensed by or belong to a self regulating organization (SRO) or other organization accepted by the Board; or
- They are recommended by two regular members of CAFA in good standing
Regular members must meet one further criteria after earning 20 Continuing Education Credits to merit the Certified Agricultural Farm Advisor accrediatation; they must send CAFA a two page report on the value of what they have learned in chapter meetings or at a provincial conference. During the probationary period, a new member cannot vote or use the designation.
2011-2012 Membership Application form
Please complete it and send it to your chapter executive who will submit to CAFA. (PDF format)
CAFA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) process explained, click here.
Note: The above form is in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. You must have Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer in order to use it. Click here to go to the Adobe site to download this free program.
You may pay your membership dues by cheque, or Master Card, Visa or American Express credit cards. If paying by credit card, please either phone in your credit card information to Liz Robertson at 1-877-474-2871 or indicate on your application that this is how you’ll be paying and we’ll contact you.
GST Registration number: 86481 2532 RT0001