Join us to stay CURRENT
Join us to get CONNECTED
Join us to get CERTIFIED
“What does it mean to be a member of CAFA?
It’s like being at a professional conference ALL year long where you have access to:
- People who have the same interest and passion as you do
- A vast wealth of information relating to agriculture – producer level, value-added level, consultant level, and governmental level.
- Opportunity to develop a book of business by networking
- Peers who provide specialty advice on various topics relating to agriculture
- A director and board who are recognized nationally for their expertise in farm advising and who continually strive to maintain a high standard of professionalism in the membership.
CAFA has truly enriched my personal and business life. The conferences are awesome, speakers are always interesting and knowledgeable in their fields, and self-learning opportunities are boundless. What more can I say – other than I am grateful I am a member of this great organization, known as CAFA!!!”
Download a MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION form here.
Open in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
CAFA has three membership categories:
CAFA's Fiscal year: July 1 - June 30
- Regular Member - Professional, business, corporate. $350.00 + applicable tax
GST 5% = $367.50 annually or
HST: Ontario 13% = $395.50 annually or
- Associate Members (Governemt, non-profit, farmers). $130 + applicable taxes.
GST 5% = $136.50
Ontario 13% HST = $146.90
- Student members $100 + applicable tax
GST 5% = $105.00 annually or
HST: Ontario 13% = $113.00 annually or
- Entrance Requirements
There are two classes of membership, regular and associate. Regular members vote and can use the designation. Associate members cannot.
Both regular and associate members must be individuals, at least 18 years of age.
Unless otherwise determined by the National Membership Chair, applicants for regular membership:
- must have been advising farmers or involved in the agricultural field for at least two years;
- provide references from two members in the local chapter
- cannot have a criminal record;
- cannot have been sanctioned by a licensing or professional body having jurisdiction over that member; and,
- cannot have been declared bankrupt.
Regular Members must also qualify under one of the following two categories:
- They are licensed by or belong to a self regulating organization (SRO) or other organization accepted by the Board; or
- They are recommended by two regular members of CAFA in good standing
Regular members must meet one further criteria after earning 20 Continuing Education Credits to merit the Certified Agricultural Farm Advisor accreditation; they must send CAFA a two page report on the value of what they have learned in chapter meetings or at a provincial conference. During the probationary period, a new member cannot vote or use the designation.
Download a MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION Form here.
Open in Adobe Acrobat Pro
Note: The above form is in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. You must have Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer in order to use it.
You may pay your membership dues by cheque, or Master Card, Visa or American Express credit cards. If paying by credit card, please either phone in your credit card information to Liz Robertson at 1-877-474-2871 or indicate on your application that this is how you’ll be paying and we’ll contact you.
GST Registration number: 86481 2532 RT0001